Saturday, March 10, 2007

the beauty of weakness

So recently God has been teaching me about weakeness, not the easiest or most fun thing to learn. I have always thought of my self as pretty strong. And i htink i come across as a pretty strong, solid person. I have always found this a downfall, as I often rely on my own strength instead of God, I forget how much I need the Lord and I dont live completely dependant upon him. It has only been lately when I have recognised how completely and utterly weak I am! How proud of me for it to take this long! I have only seen weakness to be a certain way, recognising some things of weakness and not recognising other things. God has been revealing my sin, my lack of self control, my fears, my insecurities, facades I put up, my reluctancy to be vunerable and weak in the eyes of others..... so much weakness and yet I couldn't rejoice more. Praise the Lord for having mercy on me and helping me see this weakness that i was just too blind to see. I want so much to be completely dependant on God but that is only going to happen when I understand the depth of my weakness and the immensity of my need of the Lord. I truly believe that 'growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness'.

No comments: