Monday, July 30, 2007

being beautiful

Below in the lyrics of a song i recently wrote. The theme has been pressing on me for a long time but for some reason, until recently, my mind would go blank when i tried to express it on paper. It is about being set apart for Christ as a bride is set apart for her bridegroom. It is about the exclusive love for your lover, it is about having our eyes fully fixed on Him and not allowing moving our eyes onto others and loosing Jesus as out number one focus, it is about longing to be beautiful to God, instead of longing to be beautiful to man.

Even after I wrote the song, God still had to correct me. He showed me that part of me longs to be made truly beautiful inside so that people will see, so that people will be attracted to my character, to who i really am. This isn't what it's about. No part of my motivation can be self seeking. It can't be about recognition or affection from others. It is not about God making me beautiful for others and for opinions. It is about longing to be beautiful for him, my First Love.

My heart longs, my soul aches
To be beautiful to you
More than anything else, above all opinions
I choose to be beautiful before you
I need to, I crave to, I long to, i ache to
Show me what beauty is
Show me what beauty is to you, oh Lord, to you

Cuz I've wasted enough time striving for acceptance
I have exhausted myself seeking to win affection
I have dreamed enough dreams of cinderella stories
Now I'm done, I have had it, I let go

Wasted energies chasing after wantings
Ignored the faithful one who has walked right beside me
You Lord, who have longed for my heart all along
So now I'm done, I have had it, I let go

So I say no to chasing other's love and affection
No to all energy spent on outward perfection
I say no to finding my value in people's opinion
And I say yes, I say yes to you

I say yes to your love, I say yes to you heart
Yes, I say yes to your heart and I give you mine
And I say yes to your love, I say yes to your heart
Yes, I say yes to your heart, and I give you mine
And I'm looking straight down the aisle now
Not looking to the left, not looking to the right
I'm looking straight down the aisle now
And all I see is you, yes all I see is you......

Because I want to be beautiful to you
Yes I want to be beautiful to you
I want to be beautiful to you
Yes I want to be beautiful to you
Make my heart beautiful
Make my heart beautiful
Make my heart beautiful
Make my heart beautiful

2 comments:

Louise said...

I love it. Especially the line 'I say no to finding my value in people's opinion'....how liberating! God has been teaching me lately that his is the only opinion I can count on. Others views of you change so frequently but his never changes whatever happens...it is the only solid view that we can cling to!

Holly said...

Amen! exactly. And it is God's unchanging love for us that is our confort when people are fickle and ever changing.