Friday, July 20, 2007

Let our heart's be wise

Proverbs 23.15 ' my son if your heart is wise, then your heart will be glad'. This proverb was a real encouragement to me today. As I read it it really hit me and was reminded of the different decisions i have made this year through wisdom, and decisions i am in the process of making. Often my heart doesn't feel glad when i step out and make these decisions but the verse doesn;t says ; your heart is glad' it says ' your heart will be glad'. I can look back and my heart is glad that i was wise and obedient to God and yet it can still be hard, sometimes i still want what I want but wisdom speaks to me and says' Holly, you know better, you know better than that, you know what you need to do, you know God's promises are true and his instructions good, you know better than to wonder 'what if?' or to dwell in self pity. Deep down my heart is glad because i know that i know that i know that God's wisdom is right and good and true and the best thing for me. And i know that in the future as i look back and as my life continues to come into being and as i see the way God works things out that i will look back and my heart will leap with gladness that i followed the wisdom of God.

No comments: