Tuesday, March 24, 2009

unity part 2

so now that i am back from the conference what does this unity look like? I said that it was like a little peek of what it must of been like in Acts when they shared everything, not keeping things for themselves, but giving as needed. I was even offered a car to drive from someone i had literally just met! When she heard that I was going to walk somewhere to get lunch she simple said' take my car'. But it seems easier to walk in unity at a conference where everything is pointing you to God and to focus on Him and His love. Now back home I am called to walk in that same spirit of unity. When I am having a rough day, when i feel under pressure, when others dont sem to be loving well- still im called to love as if they were myself. When it is not so easy to see Jesus in people, I am still called to love- not with a fuzzy feeling but with tangible actions. When someone is smelly, or has a characheristic that annoys me these are times where I cannot ignore the very prayer of Jesus but I have to still love, still give as if it was I that needed. But it can be hard and I think it must all come down to Jesus being our everything. Me not letting little distractions to take a place that they shouldnt have, to make a mountain out of a mole hill.Jesus give me eyes to see the Jesus in others, no matter differences or surrounding circumstances. And guard my heart that you may be my everything and nothing else.

No comments: