Friday, July 6, 2007

i dont want to be a dying star!

You've got your best man on the front side
You always show your best side
And evil's always on the other side
You say this is your strategy
But son I hope you take it from me
You look just like your enemy
You're full of pride

We better trash our idols if we want to be
In the army of the Lord
And the greatest idol is you and me,
We better get on the threshing floor
When will we learn that God's strategy
Is giving glory to the Lord?
We better trash our idols if we want to be
In the army of the Lord

Star how beautiful you shine
You shine more beautiful than mine
You shine from sea to shining sea
World-wide is your strategy
But shining star I hope you see
If the whole wide world is staring straight at you
They can't see me...

My pray is that we will never be a star that burns so brightly but the light we are showing is oursleves. May we never seek to out shine you Lord. May we never show so much of ourselves that you are nowhere to be seen in us. May we never deprive people of seeing you. What do we possibly have that is so great, so important, compared to you Lord? All that we have to offer is what Chrsit has given us. While people are spiritually dying around me, while people are starving and don't know the satifaction of the bread of life, may i never deny those poeple You Lord by no allowing you to take complete control of my life so that you can be seen through me. May we die to every last bit of pride, self and sin so that you can Live completely in me, so that you can be seen alive in me. More of you Lord, less of me! More of you Lord, less of me!

No comments: